One of the main challenges of eating gluten free is figuring out what to eat when you are on the go. I made this easy and healthy gluten free pasta salad recipe to satisfy my need for lunch on the go. I use gluten free rice pasta noodles as the base for this hearty salad which would also make a great pot-luck or baby shower dish.
Fresh broccoli, yellow tomatoes, carrots and feta cheese topped with cilantro and lime vinaigrette make this vegetarian pasta salad simply delicious. Ready in under 30 minutes, you can relax knowing a healthy gluten free lunch is waiting for you in the fridge!
Gluten free pasta salad
One of the easiest ways to start out on a gluten free diet is to convert classic dishes by substituting gluten free products. While you could easily use regular wheat pasta in this recipe, the gluten free pasta tastes just as good and is better for you! After trying several brands of gluten free pasta, I find that Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta taste the most similar to regular pasta. I serve it to gluten eaters all the time and no one has ever notice the difference. And it also holds up well to the mixing necessary in this recipe.
- 1 bag gluten free penne pasta
- 1/2 pound baby carrots, quartered and sliced
- 1 cucumber quartered and sliced
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 handful baby yellow tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (half an 8oz block)
- juice of 2 limes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt, pepper and granulated garlic to taste
- Dash of turmeric, allspice, cumin and oregano
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking slice and quarter the carrots and cucumber. Cut up broccoli and tomatoes. Chop cilantro.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water until cool. Set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Add prepared vegetables to the bowl.
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in small jar. Seal and shake to mix for 1 minute.
- Pour dressing over pasta and veggies.
- Add crumbled feta cheese and mix to combine.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
This salad is best when eaten within 3-4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 6-8 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g