The last few weeks of pregnancy are probably the hardest. Everything is swelling. There are a hundred little pieces to put in order before baby arrives. As baby’s due date approaches, and sometimes passes, the waiting and anticipation can become down right unbearable. What’s the best way to calm the mind? Use birth affirmations when labor is looming!
Birth affirmations can be a very helpful tool to ease the anxiety and fears that pop up when labor is looming. Repeating birth affirmations helps to refocus the mind on the positive and build a sense of belief in what is possible.
How do you use Birth Affirmations?
Here are a few easy ways to help you get started using birth affirmations during pregnancy:
- Anytime a negative thought in regard to yourself or your ability to birth pops into your head, gently correct yourself by turning the statement positive and repeating your affirmation.
- Practice calm breathing (yoga breathing) while repeating the affirmation for as long as you like. Affirmations can also be incorporated into a mediation practice, or just repeated on an as needed basis throughout your day.
- Another powerful way to use birth affirmations is to repeat your affirmation first thing upon waking and last thing before sleep.
- Print out your birth affirmations cards and place them where you can see them. Make a banner or save them as wallpaper on your phone!
Birth affirmations are a useful reminder to stay positive as labor is looming.
Birth Affirmation for when Labor is Looming
Say this affirmation – My baby will arrive at the perfect time!
Have you ever waited for a cake to finish baking? If you wait until just the right moment, without opening the oven due to over excitement, that cake will come out just right.
Waiting for baby’s arrival is kinda the same. Calm your mind. It can be hard, but know that he/she will come when they are ready. At just the right moment!
Reassure yourself that your little one is just in there finishing up their work and soaking up all your nutrients! (LOL)
Want more positive affirmations for labor?
Check out my Birth Affirmations Board on Pinterest! It has over 1000 affirmations for labor and to help you relieve anxiety during pregnancy!
These Christian affirmations are also really great for inspiration.
Want to stay motivated for your positive birth experience? Birth Affirmations E-Course is a 14-Day program designed to prepare you mentally and spiritually for labor. Click here to get started!
We would love to hear from you! What’s the hardest part of waiting for baby? What’s your favorite affirmation? Tell us in the comments below!
More on Preparing for Baby from Birth Eat Love
- 15 Date Recipes for Pregnancy
- Essentials for Natural Postpartum Recovery
- 3 Must Know Tips Before Making Freezer Meals for Postpartum
- 5 Surprising Foods to Avoid for Successful Breastfeeding
What’s the #1 thing to do before baby gets here? Make freezer meals for postpartum! Click here to learn about an ebook that can help!
Make sure to Pin this Post for Later!
Avoid being a hot mess after having your baby
Get Your Postpartum Prep List! This 1-page checklist has over 17 items to get now so that you are ready for a stress-free postpartum!